Monday, January 28, 2008

BDB Bliss

I took a trip in January to DC to reunite with my beloved girlfriends. These are the girls that new me as many things, namely Jenni-O, J-O, and Baby Odom. I don't think we ever use each other's real names when around one another. We mostly all met in our freshman ward at BYU. Steph and I have known each other since our fateful meeting at girls camp just before starting high school and Kim and Ann Marie met I believe in elementary school, other than that we all met at the B-Y in Heritage Halls. The story of the BDB (that's what we call ourselves, and no I can't tell you what it stands for) is a great one. We keep in touch monthly thanks to Amber and her wonderful newsletter, it really is a labor of love, it's like getting a mini-scrapbook every month. We haven't all been physically together in one place since Steph-Dogg's wedding in April of '02. Since that day we have all graduated college, Ann served a mission in Brazil and there have been 3 more weddings. Don't think we haven't been busy in the procreation department either the count as of now is 7 BDB babies with two more on the way, we're a busy bunch and Ann is about to start her PhD.
I can't describe how amazing it was to be with my girls, I seriously love these women and they have been such a huge part of my life. We talked about a lot of memories and laughed A LOT. I chose to forget some of the more unfortunate characteristics of boys that I dated, but they gladly reminded me. Okay let it be known that I dated a guy that wore a Disneyland jacket complete with the Disney characters embroidered on the back, what of it? We pretty much accomplished our agenda on the trip: eat, sleep, and be merry. It was 5 days of no kids and little responsibility. We got to shop and see some great parts of our nations capitol. I think the highlight for me was all going to the DC temple together and being in the celestial room together as dear friends. It was a testimony to me that the Lord puts people in our lives to make it fuller and happier and how amazing it will be to all be together some day on the other side of the veil, I don't think the party will ever stop.

The BDB: Steph, Kim, Jenni, Amber, Ann, Charise
aka: Dogg, Kimmy, O, Bur, AM, Reese


Getting ready to see some monuments


Steph's husband was at the temple that day to do baptisms with the youth so we made him take our pick, it was the only husband sighting all weekend.


I have always said the Potomac brews romance


The Lincoln on MLK day

It was a cold day, January is not prime outdoor weather in DC

While I fully respect all veterens the Korean War memorial is eerie.


Gotta love some Abe.


(this the shot of them as I walked out of the bathroom, it had been a long dayThere's nothing better then Ann's cooking, this was so reminiscent of roomie days, it was Sunday night, we had all gone to the singles ward (Ann's choice, the DC wards are full of some very elegible men, and I tried to get Steph to not wear her wedding ring 7 months prego and be our Juno but it was a no go.) Ann made us dinner and an amazing dessert followed by a concert later of the talents of Kim, Ann, and Amber's singing along with Michelle, and a guy friend of theirs, Tim. Steph, Charise and I were brought to tears listening to their voices together again, it was awesome.



1 comment:

The Dillon 6 said...

ahhhh -- girlfriends. I have only been on one "girls weekend" in my life. It was bliss...I can't wait for another one...