Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Merry Birthday Calvin

Calvin's first birthday was on Christmas Eve. I had no idea how to make this one special, last year I just started crying when I realized I was in labor, the guilt about his birthday already started. So we made smiley face pancakes (Odom fam tradition) and sung happy b-day in the morning. Followed by a quick cake stint that night at the family dinner between the Christmas Eve dinner and Nativity play by the cousins. Needless to say it was nothing compared to Ethan's first (see on post on cornpancakes.blogspot.com). I don't think Calvin cared much, but someday he will, any suggestions for celebrating a Christmas Eve b-day?






What a cutie!

2 comments:

twalkerr said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Just tell him Christmas is his birthday, and that everyone just gets real excited for it every year.

The Dillon 6 said...

He'll get used to it. Then he'll hit his teen years and realize he's getting ripped off every year. And then he'll be on his mission and you'll celebrate his half-birthday (every month) with a care package. And then he'll get married and the pressure will be off you...